Friday, February 12, 2010

Be creative with your materials

Now more than ever it seems that money is tight and people are looking for ways to save. Well, when it comes to arts and crafts there are a lot of ways to do it for next to nothing. Every time I run out of my materials of choice I am usually able to come up with something to use that is very inexpensive or free. Hear are a few ideas for you. First, twigs and branches are very useful and almost everyone has access to them for free. I have made a ton of rustic items out of twigs and branches. Another method of saving money is yard sales. They are a great place to find old items that may end up in the trash unless you snag them from the claws of death. A Few things to look for are dishes, old hand tools such as saws, old clothes for the material etc. I bet you can think of several other things if you let the creative juices flow. I like buying old handsaws to paint on. What kind of things have you came across that would be great for arts and crafts? Don't forget about thrift stores, flea markets and items that you already have that just screams "make me something beautiful!" I look forward to hearing what you have come up with. Remember , the world is a canvas waiting for you to personalize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment